JPSC(Jharkhand Public Service Commission) is one of the top recruiting bodies which releases many vacancies every year. The salary for JPSC AE ranges from INR 9300-34800 with an additional grade pay of INR 5400 is paid.
JPSC AE Selection Process
The candidate who wants to wish to get recruited as an assistant engineer has to undergo preliminary examination, mains examination and physical test. Here are the stages
- Preliminary examination
- Mains Examination
- Personality test
Preliminary examination Pattern- JPSC AE Selection Process
|S.No||Paper||Subject||Number of questions||Number of marks||Duration|
|1||Paper I||General Awareness||100||100||2 Hours|
|2||Paper-II||Civil/Mechanical subject||100||200||2 Hours|
- The preliminary examination is conducted for 2 papers.
- The total number of marks allotted for Paper I is 100.
- Every question carries 1 mark in Paper I.
- The total number of marks allotted for Paper II is 200.
- Every question carries 2 marks in Paper-II.
Mains Examination Pattern- JPSC AE Selection Process(Civil)
|Subject||Duration (hours)||Max. Marks|
|Section I- Objective Paper|
|General Ability TestPart A: General English|
Part B: General Studies
|Civil Engineering- Paper I||2||200|
|Civil Engineering- Paper II||2||200|
|Section II-Conventional Paper|
|Civil Engineering- Paper I||3||200|
|Civil Engineering- Paper II||3||200|
- The students qualified in the preliminary examination are allowed to attend mains examination.
- The total marks allotted for Mains examination is 1000
- The Mains examination contains 2 sections where section 1 is objective and section 2 is convectional paper.
- The Conventional paper should be answered only in English. Paper will be set in the English language.
Personality Test- JPSC AE Recruitment 2020
- The candidates who are qualified in the mains examination are called for personality tests.
- The personality test is conducted for 200 marks.
- In the Personality test, the authorities keep special interest in the candidate’s initiative, leadership, intellectuality, mental and physical energy, curiosity, the integrity of character and other social activities.
Salary of JPSC AE
The salary of JPSC AE is very attractive with decent grade pay. The salary of JPSC AE is INR 9300-34800 with additional grade pay of INR 5400. The salary is paid as per the 7th pay commission.
Benefits and Allowances of JPSC AE
Below are the benefits and allowances of JPSC AE
- Medical allowance.
- Refreshment allowance.
- Travel allowance.
- House rental allowance.
- Dearness allowance.
We hope you found this article informative and helpful and please do not hesitate to contact us for any doubts or queries. You can also subscribe to our you tube channel, which is absolutely free and start preparing for any exam related to civil engineering. We are glad to help you out and hope we help you in the future too. If there are any doubts regarding the examination feel free to contact us we are here to clear your doubts.