PSUs offer a lot of creative scope for civil engineers since it’s a civil engineering-based company. From a civil engineering point of view, The pay is good and revised in 2017. The Braithwaite Burn & Jessop Construction Co. Ltd. It’s under the Department of Heavy Industries, Govt. of India. Erstwhile it was known as Bharat Bhari Udyog Nigam Ltd. Its HQ is in Kolkata but works throughout India, project-based. See its historical background. Howrah Bridge, 2nd Hooghly Bridge. we are listing some top most PSUs in India.
- Coal India Limited(CIL)
- National thermal power corporation limited. (NTPCL)
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation limited. (ONGC)
- Hindustan Petroleum Corporation limited.(HPCL)
- National Aluminium Company Limited.(NALCO)
- Indian Oil Corporation Limited. (IOCL)
- Steel Authority of India Limited. (SAIL)
- Delhi Metro Rail corporation limited.(DMRCL)
How to get a Job in these PSUs ?
Some PSU visit On-campus at IIT and NIT college. They also recruit through the GATE exam. Some PSU have their own written exam. if you are interested in any one of them, frequently visit their site, make a strong LinkedIn profile.
What is the scope of a civil engineer in psu?
Civil engineers have considerable scope in psus. Some of the major recruiters that are considered core are:-
- RITES engaged with infrastructure development in railways.
- IRCON International Limited is another one.
- Bridge and roof corporation
- PGCIL related to power distribution
- Delhi metro and metros in other cities as well.
- Indian engineering services
there are posts in other psus like ongc hpcl gail ioc bpc ntpc too but those are few. Most of the civil engineers get absorbed in state government engineering jobs like PwD, CPwD ( central govt ) etc. Wherever construction and public utility is there civil people are required.
These days promising field could be city gas distribution. In oil and gas PSUs you are required for any construction work in plants/installations or maintenance of township depending upon your posting. In railways, it will be primarily infrastructure development and its subsequent maintenance. Civil engineering job is a field job and not an office job, so keep that in mind too.